Spartan Staffing Solutions has partnered with a National Heavy Equipment company. We are in search of a Field Generator Mechanic to join their team in Green Bay, WI.
The ideal fit will have extensive knowledge of all areas of Heavy Equipment maintenance and Forklift repair.
- Overnight travel to perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting of generator systems and repair of HVAC equipment, chillers, heaters, air conditioning systems as well as diesel power generators and air compressors.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Diagnose equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on company and customer owned machines as directed.
- Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems; electronics and engines.
- Preventative maintenance and general upkeep may be required.
Technicians may be asked to research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- Technicians will disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications through the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- Technical, vocational, or trade school education required or equivalent experience.
- Previous power generators, Marine, industrial engine and air compressors experience a plus.
- EPA Certification is required.
- DOT Medical Certification is required. CDL license is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret machine electrical schematics.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and Holidays when need arises.
- Must be self-motivated and have knowledge of basic tools and tool usage.
- $ Competitive based on experience
- Insurance package