Spartan Staffing Solutions has partnered with a National Heavy Equipment Dealership. We are in search of a CDL A Driver to join their team in Orlando, FL.
As a Driver, you will deliver and recover equipment at the customer site. This involves local or long-distance hauling of heavy construction equipment and supplies as well as loading, unloading, and securing the equipment.
Driver responsibilities include:
- Performing basic troubleshooting involving malfunctioning equipment at job site and making minor repairs
- Performing daily commercial vehicle inspection with completion of necessary repairs to vehicle to ensure operational safety Learning and demonstrating
- Customer Service Standards for delivery service
- Obtaining required signatures on rental contracts, pick up, and exchange forms
- Demonstrating proper and safe equipment usage to customer at point of delivery
- Completing inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment
- Completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements
As a Driver, you will need previous experience in driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers, and towable construction equipment.
You must be able to operate safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas.
- Valid driver’s license with Class A CDL certification
- DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
- 2 years of verifiable over-the-road experience operating combination commercial vehicles
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT guidelines
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Prior training and/or experience with similar commercial equipment, preferred
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness on the roadways
- Sufficient mechanical ability to troubleshoot and make minor repairs to equipment and vehicle
- Working knowledge of delivery area
- Prior experience in safe operation of heavy construction machinery within rental industry and working understanding of load securement and transport
- Salary competitive
- Health, Dental/Vision benefits
- 401(k) plan