Spartan Staffing Solutions has partnered National Heavy Equipment Dealership. We are in search of a Service Foreman to join their team in Tampa, FL
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in fast-paced environment with a strong potential for future growth and career advancement.
This individual will efficiently manage, coordinate and schedule Field Service Technician’s time, while maintaining the invoicing of work orders in a timely manner. In conjunction with this, they will communicate with the customer in regard to quotes, job status and scheduling. They will also coordinate activities and cooperate with other departments of the dealership to best serve the needs of the customer and employees.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assign jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
- May have supervisory responsibilities.
- Proactively seek customer feedback, anticipate problems and respond promptly. Respond and follow up to employee issues and concerns.
- Review all repair work orders for accuracy and completeness concerning parts, materials and labor, and approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Work with the Service Manager or supervisor in all aspects of the service department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Service Manager (may fill the Service Manager's role in their absence).
- Responsible for conducting and scheduling all in-house Service Technician training.
- Assist in the appraisal of repair work coming into the service department.
- Advise Service Manager of all customer complaints.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment for all technicians.
- Meet with Service Manager on a regular basis to review department performance profitability, efficiencies, and personnel matters.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills