Spartan Staffing Solutions has partnered with a National Heavy Equipment company. We are in search of a Field Mechanic to join their team in Milwaukee, WI.
The ideal fit will have extensive knowledge of all areas of Heavy Equipment maintenance and Forklift repair.
- Diagnose construction equipment repair needs and perform designated repairs on customer or company owned machines as directed on the site or at the shop.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines. Also includes Preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
- Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines and general machine performance is expected.
- Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling. Occasional use of basic welding equipment. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
- Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Technical or vocational education in Heavy Equipment, Diesel or Automotive Technology required
- 2 to 5 experience troubleshooting and repairing heavy construction equipment. Experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected.
- 2 to 5 experience diagnosing and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and propane systems
- Must have or be able to obtain a CDL
- Perform parts management
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment, mining equipment, systems, engines and components required.
- Good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self-motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
- MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified.
- Maintain own tools and equipment
- $ Competitive based on experience
- Insurance package